Press Update: 6 Oct 2018: Proatar sponsors Pakistan v Australia Test series in United Arab Emirates
Proatar is an official sponsor of the global audio broadcast of the Test series between Pakistan and Australia. The two-match series takes place between 7th and 20th October in Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
The audio broadcast is led by Australian freelance cricket writer and broadcaster Adam Collins, who, in partnership Wisden.com, bought the exclusive global audio rights for the series from the Pakistan Cricket Board.
Proatar helps passionate amateur athletes to get more out of their game through insights and inspiration from the elites of the game.
The platform’s first sports vertical is cricket, a passion since childhood of the two founders, Christy Kulasingam and Srikanth Tanguturi.
Proatar’s covers came off during a media preview event held at Lord’s Cricket Ground in London on 15 August 2018, attended by three of the elite cricket mentors on the platform, James Foster, Michael Holding, and Peter Moores.
The free-to-download Proatar app is available for Android and iOS.
To manage numbers, access to the platform is initially by invitation only. Media outlets are able to make arrangements with Proatar to giveaway exclusive access codes — contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proatar has assembled an unrivalled squad of top cricketers, coaches, and commentators, who give personalised advice to amateurs through video consultations using a smartphone app.
The mentors use a broadcast-quality suite of tools — built for exclusive use by the elites — to create a tailored feedback video with a mix of annotations, voiceover commentary, and picture-in-picture analysis, designed to help the amateur improve their game.
Each paid video consultation is returned within 14 days by the elite chosen by the amateur. Technical skills as well as and non-technical query videos, for example on captaincy, nutrition, strength and conditioning, and the mental side of the game, can be sent to a chosen elite.
What's in a name?
Professional + Avatar = Proatar, that good angel that sits on the shoulders of amateur sportspeople to help them focus, to remind them of nuggets of wisdom!
Proatar’s initial squad of elite mentors represent the breadth and variety of the game: current and former top-tier players; international coaches; male and female, geography; red and white ball; and price points.
Amateur cricketers now have a choice of mentors for each aspect of the game that interests them.
- Allan Donald, Former South Africa fast bowler
- Andre Russell, West Indies allrounder
- Charlotte Edwards, Former England Women's captain
- Courtney Walsh, Former West Indies captain
- James Foster, Former England wicketkeeper
- Jason Gillespie, Former Australia fast bowler
- Jason Holder, West Indies Test and ODI captain
- Julian Wood, Power-hitting coach
- Kumar Sangakkara, Former Sri Lanka captain
- Mahela Jayawardene, Former Sri Lanka captain
- Michael Holding, Former West Indies fast bowler
- Michael Hussey, Former Australia batsman
- Mickey Arthur, Pakistan coach
- Peter Moores, Former England coach
- Phil Simmons, Afghanistan coach
- Rohit Sharma, India batsman & vice captain
- Sam Billings, England wicketkeeper batsman & Kent captain
- Tom Moody, Former Sri Lanka coach
- Murali kartik
- Dinesh karthik
- George bailey
- Deep Dasgupta
- Toby Radford
- Eric Simons
Other mentors, including ones representing additional disciplines such as sports psychology, nutrition, strength & conditioning, and physio, will be available on the platform in due course.